Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas time is here

I can't believe it is December 1 already!!! Where has this year gone. I feel like we just moved in and it has been over a year now. WOW! So now that the Turkey stuff is all put away it is time to break out the Christmas decorations. I have to admit that I put my tree up about 3 weeks ago. I don't usually put it up before Thanksgiving but, my wonderful mother-in-law got us a pre-lit tree for $5. Yep $5. She works for Mervin's and since they are closing they aren't putting up any of their Christmas displays this year, so we got one of the trees they used last year. I am so grateful that she call us. We have been in need of a new tree since we got married. So, in stead of putting it away for 3 weeks, I just set it up. I even went and bought new decorations for it. I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in the way they turned out. I think I will have to go get a few more things to add to it.

I will be hitting Tai Pan right after Christmas to get some more! In the mean time this will have to do. I love the way my home feels when all the cute Christmas stuff is out. Especially my shelf.

I usually such a scrooge when it comes to Christmas but this year I am getting really excited. Most of my shopping is done, and I didn't even leave my house. We usually don't even start shopping until December then we have our annual fight because we are both so stressed trying to get every thing done. But, not this year. In fact Santa came and knocked on our door last night and left a package for the boys. It was the game Candy Land. It had a little note that told the boys that they are being watched and they better be good if they want more presents. I think that really put every one in the spirit this year. I know the boys are super excited, the only thing they are talking about is what presents they are getting from Santa.

1 comment:

The Funky Bunch said...

I heard about that package. Did you send that to them? That's such a good idea! How fun. Your tree looks awesome! And yeah, you can't beat 5 bucks! I now need a place to hang our stockings...I'm clueless!