Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Opposites Attract

While I was putting laundry away today, I noticed something that I probably should have noticed, oh, nine years ago. My closet. I know it sounds weird, but I just noticed how my closet defines part of my life. Ryan's side of the closet is so clean and organized. He doesn't keep anything he doesn't need and he goes through his clothes regularly. My side, on the other hand, is a disaster. I keep every thing, even if it doesn't fit. Cause, I might be that size again some day, and when I am, I will wish I had those pants to wear. Big or small, they all stay. I know I just cleaned out my clothes about a year ago and took 3-4 garbage bags of clothes to the DI. Things I had been keeping since high school. What am I doing? . After stepping back and looking at my mess, he must love me tons to live with my unorganized mess, and not say much about it. I am sure it drives him crazy. I know that if the roles were reversed, I would be bonkers. I do keep the rest of my house pretty clean. But, the spaces that are just mine. I don't worry enough about. After taking a step back today, I need to invest a little more time in my space and get it organized a little.

My side (I don't have enough hangers, so there are also clothes on the floor)


His side






3 comments:

Sher said...

That is hilarious!! Kurt is pretty similar - although not quite that tidy. Every time he buys a new shirt, he goes through his clothes to throw out an old shirt for the new one to replace. I just add a new shirt to the collection!

Archer Fam said...

Christie,

It was so much fun talking to you today, your boys are so cute. Cami

trishypoo32 said...

I just shot coffee out my nose because that is the funniest thing I have seen, your house is always straight out of home and garden magazine AND THEN THERE IS YOUR CLOSET!! That reminds me of our sleepovers when we would have to follow trails in your room through your clothes, I have a big smile on my face! I like that you keep that Christie-fied!!!