Tuesday, June 23, 2009

WJHS Class of 1999

I know that by admitting that I have been out of high shcool for 10 years gives away my age. But, I just attended my reunion this past weekend, and I don't want to forget it. Since I have been out of high school, I have been working, became a wife (not that long after graduation), and a mother to the most wonderful little boys ever. Not to mention the on-and-off again school that I have been trying to do. I know that some day I will have my degree. I may be 50, but it's better late than never.
Any way, about the reunion.........I heard about it a few months ago when Ryan's cousin asked if I was going (we went to school together). I knew that Ryan wouldn't go with me and I didn't want to show up at the door solo. Since I hadn't seen any of my friends for the last 10 years, I didn't have a date. But, thanks to Facebook, I had been in touch with a few of them. Over the past couple weeks, I had gotten asked if I was going to be there. Still, I couldn't decide. Just last week while chatting with my friend Katie, she said she didn't want to show up solo either, so she said we should go together. I reluctantly agreed. I hadn't seen or talked to her for 10 years and I was so nervous about what we would talk about. Or if we would still be friends. A couple days before the reunion we talked on the phone, and it was like we hadn't missed a day. It had me wondering why we haven't kept in touch for so long. So we met up just before the reunion started so we didn't have to go in alone. And as we were walking in, I told Katie that I wasn't sure I wanted to stay. I hadn't even given it a chance!!! I can't believe I was so embarrassed to go. I saw a lot of my girlfriends and we sat together, had a nice dinner, and reminisced about old times (parties, mostly). It was like a giant GNO. It was so nice to get out of the house and spend time with old friends. I hope that we will remain in touch and continue to be in each others lives. There are a few people that didn't come that I wish would have been there, but for the most part, I saw every one I wanted too. I am so glad I went.





2 comments:

Heather said...

How fun. You look absolutely beautiful! We haven't had our reunion yet but don't know if we will be going either. I think it would be fun to go back and see what people have been up to though. I have loved blogging, and facebook because I have been able to find people and keep in touch with people that way. But their is something about getting together with people face to face and catching up. I really miss the times that we spent together. We really have so many great memories. We really need to meet up sometime...even if it's just for dinner. And I would love to see your family. Love ya!!

trishypoo32 said...

WOOOOO WHOOOOOOO!!! HOT MAMA! You look so friggin AMAZING! LOL, I am so glad you went!